The Student News Site of Terry High School

The Badge

The Badge

The Badge

Yearbook Release Delayed Until June

Yearbook Release Delayed Until June

Message from the Yearbook Advisor:

Yes, what you just read in the headline is true. We will not be getting our Yearbooks until late June. As of May 9, our predicted shipping date (not receiving date) is June 21. First, on behalf of my staff, myself, and everyone else involved with Senior activities, let me say that we are sorry. We understand how important a yearbook is to those leaving high school and their parents, and we know how inconvenient this is.

Before I get into the details of what is next for us, please let me relay this:

My staff did their part. I did my part. Admin did their part. We got everything in on time. We had excellent coverage, photography, storytelling, design, and roughly 90% of seniors were photographed for the senior portraits section. Unfortunately, this is a Balfour and manufacturing issue. They will not get it to us on the originally proposed May 10 date. By the way, the same thing is happening at George Ranch (the only other Balfour Yearbook customer) too, who are likely to get their yearbook even later than us.

Please be mindful before you complain that no one cares more about this more than us. I promise, you don’t. This is our baby, and this is what I train my kids at minimum two years for. I have seniors that have been on staff for three years that will not be able to celebrate their final book with their teammates the way they should. Complaining to them or me will not change anything. Keep in mind, at the end of the day, they spent countless hours during school, after school, on the weekends, over the holidays (yes, the holiday breaks) working on this book and attending events. They want this to be a success more than you. They are also your peers, and they are also students doing an unpaid job that is only fueled by passion and the want to represent their school well.

What’s next: 

We’ve already discussed this with our Yearbook salespeople. We’ve discussed this with Balfour. Dr. Smith and I are doing everything in our power to make sure that the ones responsible are hearing your voices. You are being represented. Calling us or Balfour to complain will not change anything. We are exploring options to make up this major inconvenience to you. You will not receive preferential treatment or a discount if you complain. They will not mail it to your door. That is not how this works. Your neighbor and classmate are going through the same thing as you, and we will make sure everyone receives the same treatment to atone for this mistake.

Once we receive a firm date from Balfour, we will host an event that’s fit for a yearbook of this magnitude, and I promise that you’ll know something new as soon as we do.

In a beautiful twist of irony, the major theme of our book is the ups and downs of life. As Terry Rangers, we know that life will throw all it can at us, but we never let that slow us down. There will always be Better Days Ahead.

Thank you, and let’s get ready for a wonderful Graduation Weekend.

Conrad Garcia
LCISD Journalism Team Lead
Journalism | Yearbook | Newspaper | Broadcast
Work: 832-223-3543
[email protected]