The Student News Site of Terry High School

The Badge

The Badge

The Badge

Make The Most Of It

Time flies when we don’t think about it

Year of Graduation

If you’re a senior, you probably understand that this will be your last time being in high school. Some already have a path on where they’re going to go after high school or already know what they’re going to do after high school and have a plan on how they’re going to do it. However, some are lost, have no idea where they’re going to go or what they’re going to do once they step outside their bubble and go into the real world. While it’s good to plan for your future, it’s also best to focus on what’s happening around you in the present. 

You should enjoy high school while you still can. As I’m typing this, we have about 100 days until graduation. That’s only a little over 3 months. It may seem like a long time, but time flies when you don’t care to think about it. Before you know it, you’ll be walking across the stage along with hundreds of other students on graduation day. Senior year may be exhausting, frustrating, and sometimes dreadful, especially preparing for exams like the SAT or ACT or even the TSIA tests, filling out applications for colleges, doing FAFSA or TASFA, but it can also be a very fun time. 

Your Path

Everyone goes on their own path in life. Everyone has their own goals and careers that they want to pursue. You aren’t any different. You also have goals that you want to accomplish or start a career and make money. There is no wrong or right path. There’s also no such thing as the “best” path. The “best” path is what you believe is the best path for you. It’s your decision. Your choice. This is your path, your life. It’s fine if you haven’t figured out what you will do after high school. This is something that you can think about. Maybe you want to go to college and get a degree and major in a field of your dreams or you don’t want to go to college soon because you want to take a break away from school after all the work you had to do to graduate from high school. Maybe you don’t want to go to college at all. Again, it’s your life, your path, your choice. 

Live A Little

It’s good to think ahead sometimes. It’s good to plan for what’s to come in the future. It’s good to think about the future. Remember, though, that the future has not happened yet, and you can’t predict the future. So, don’t worry about the future too much or you’re going to miss out on everything that’s happening around you in the present. Sometimes, you just have to live a little on your senior year. Again, it can be frustrating, but don’t let the bad parts of senior year outweigh the good parts of it. Don’t focus too much on the negative parts as you’re going to miss out on the positive aspects. 

Finish Senior Year Strong

Now, just because it’s your last year in high school doesn’t mean that you don’t have to come to school or do any of the assignments given to you. You still need to make good grades, stay on top of your assignments, pass tests, and get to class on time if you want to graduate high school. You can have amazing grades, but if you have bad attendance, you won’t be able to graduate. We all want to get out of high school, so we have to make sure we stay on top of everything. Don’t do the bare minimum, do the best that you can to succeed. 

Appreciate your last year of high school, while you still can. Appreciate the last moments of your youth. Appreciate the fact that you were strong enough to even make it through this year, to make it through all 14 years of school. Finish strong!